Monday, November 7, 2011

Landed

Hallo!  As you can assume, I have landed safely in the Netherlands.  The plane ride over was a bit rough, but that’s to be expected on almost any international flight.  I didn't get much sleep, but I had a good day in spite of it.  Once we landed in Amsterdam, my manager and I had a one hour high speed train ride to our client’s location in Breda, Netherlands.  The train ride provided a lot of scenic views and was a nice change.  When we arrived in Breda, the first thing I noticed was the amount of bicycles outside of the train station.  Practically everyone in this city rides a bike to work.  There were probably 1,000 bikes outside of the station and our client said there is a parking garage next door to the station that houses only bicycles.  Also, out of the two lane roads throughout the city, one lane is devoted to bicycles.  We then headed to our client.  I am not sure if there is something in the food here, but I swear that every man who works for my client is at least 6 foot 5.  After work, my manager and I went with the client to a restaurant in downtown Breda.  It was fantastic!  I have never had such good Salmon and the atmosphere was quant and relaxing.  Downtown Breda is really cozy and is pretty much a pedestrian and bicyclist only area. They have a little market during lunch, and I am looking forward to trying some crepes tomorrow.  Also, the Netherlands has Santa deliver presents on December 5th, so the squares are decorated in holiday decorations already.  The downtown area is home to several very popular stores, but the strange thing is, they all close by 6pm.  So… I can’t really figure out when I am going to get to look at any of these stores.  Anyways, time to head to bed and attempt to get rid of some jetlag!

No comments:

Post a Comment