Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fine Dining

Today was a busy day at work.  We wrap up at our client tomorrow, so we had a lot on our plate. 

Although today was busy, Jeannie (my coworker) and I were able to sneak away for a bit to have a nice snack at the bakery across the street.  Today was my first time eating a Belgian waffle at 3pm on a workday.  It was a delicious treat. 
Once we finished working around 7, Jeannie and I walked to the city center and had a nice dinner.  We were delighted when the restaurant we ate at came over to our table with IPads as menus.  This was especially nice as the IPad had an "english" selection.  My fish was prepared great, and the presentation and ambience was especially nice. 
Me with my Ipad
Jeannie wanted an action shot
Picture of the restaurant's interior

So far, my trip has been amazingly smooth.  However, I am expecting a slight speed bump on Friday.  I will be leaving Amsterdam to head to Florence, Italy on Friday morning.  In order to get to Italy, I have to transfer flights in Paris.  Today, CNN ranked Paris' airport as the "worst in the world"... ahead of Narobi, JFK, LAX and many other horrible airports.  I have an hour and fifteen minutes to transfer.  I will have to go through a security checkpoint/customs and get on a shuttle to go to another terminal in that time.  It's likely that I won't make my flight.  Fortunately, I called Air France, and they promised to put me on another flight for free if I miss my flight.  As there are three more flights heading to Florence on Friday after my initial flight, I should be fine if I miss it.  If the airport is anything like every other place I have been to in France, the employees will be delightfully rude and wonder why you dared to bother them at their place of work.  I hope for the best, but I plan for the worst when it comes to France.  As such, I have already located the nearest Air France help desk, determined the best terminal to eat at, and printed lots of maps of the 9 terminals in the airport.  I should be good to go.  If I succeed at getting to my plane on time, I am buying myself a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment